Monday, February 05, 2007

February 5, 2007

Super Bowl or Super Bowel?
That was the worst played game in the histroy of SuperBowls. I honestly turn and watch C-Span2 for a good minute. It was about Elliot Lewis and his book about being multi-racial and his hiding of his whiteness and his blackness depending on his company. Not necessarily hiding, but FADING into the group by convenience. Anyway... I digress.

Congrats to Tony Dungy on his coaching his team to the win. Peyton won the MVP (scratching my head as to why though)...While Rhodes and Addai did all the work. These two men out hustled and outrushed the dynamic one-two punch of the Bears. My condolescenses (sp) to Lovie Smith. They may try to fire you saying you cant win the Big One, but congrats to you as well. Both coaches did a helluva job try to get their team in position to win... unfortunately- you only can have one winner.

However as black people... we will recognize TWO. Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith.

Why did ESPN in the banner have Tony Dung is the first African American coach to win Super Bowl, but in the scroller at the bottom of the screen it said Tony Dungy is the black coach to win Super Bowl. Consistancy here... just a lil people!!




Randomness:
1) The Mrs. and I hosted our first Super Bowl party in over four years... we had TOO many negroes in that house. I already scheduled Molly Maid and them to come through today to clean up. While it was great hosting and I enjoyed ya... next year, we going to someone else's house. *smile*

2) A Brother's love... nothing above it. I feel like I am crippling him, yet at times, I see his obstacles. I see him working on it and I see him struggling ot make it work. So ... I help. Is that bad? Trust I have let him fall, scrape, and get 'blasted' by trouble/life issues... but by golly if he aint trying, so I continue to help. I do blame my mother for enabling (him to rely on her) and disabling him by not allowing him to get out there earlier. But...oh well.

3) Papa Johns pizza.... yeah thats for lunch!

4) Its like Beyonce said... "I am not irreplacable".

7 comments:

NegroPino™ said...

It woudla been better if the Patriots woulda been there..it was a good game..My girl had a Girl NIte Party...so about 6 of us were there watching tne game and actually knew what was going on..it was SEXY!!!!!

TTD said...

where i have i been? when did u get married???

BK said...

lmao @ ttd.. girl he been married a million years now!! lol

Ummm LOL why I'm so mad you had molly maid come in but glad you gave wifey the time off :) that's good..

LOL @ I am not irreplaceable..


to the right to the right.. LOL

Enigma said...

Missy: Glad ya had a good time even without the Pats being in the game!


ttd: You been here all along. You just saw me during the time I was 'seperated'. Long story... but trust me, the journey back will make for a happy ending!

BK: love, love, love of my life... You know how I do!! *wink*

NegroPino™ said...

who said i had a good time? It woulda been better if the PATS were there thats why it rained in Miami

SomeOne said...

Wekk I didn't watch the game I was a week behind on my tivo. I'm finally up to friday programming.

Where was this party at? It better have been there and not here, seeing I aint get no invite. grrrrr...

Enigma said...

Missy... the PATS suck!!



Choc: It was in Chapel Hill, NC!! So am I safe?!?!?!